Thursday, 1 June 2017

Resting

Cardiff is closed for the weekend - unless you're one of the 320000 people expected to show up for the match on Friday. The level of disruption is amazing, some quite major roads have been closed since yesterday and the police are out using facial recognition units on Queen Street today. As a non football fan I intend to steer well clear of town from the minute I can escape work tomorrow until Monday morning. With all the excitement going on it was easier than usual to resist going out and about today at lunchtime. My feet were still painful when I got up this morning although it did wear off quite quickly, so I was very motivated to take Joy's advice today. 
I've decided to give The Atkins Diet a try as I am more satisfied and comfortable on a lower carb diet. I didn't decide that early enough to shop for it last weekend so this week I'm just trying to reduce my carbs down from the excessive levels they have reached even though I can't follow it religiously just yet. I started lowering my carb intake a couple of days ago and I'm feeling better already. Except that as part of the change I'm cutting back on caffeine and I'm yawning my way through the day...
I did a bit of overtime today working from home. It went well apart from connection issues that meant it took about 40% longer than it should have. Now I'm knackered and ready for bed...

Food today (I didn't forget)
Breakfast: hard boiled eggs (yes, I know...) with cherry tomatoes, red pepper and sauerkraut 
Lunch: homemade broccoli and cheese soup 
Dinner: chicken wings and sautéed Kale with garlic and smoked bacon lardons 
Snacks: homemade pork rinds, smoked sausage and cheese 

3 comments:

  1. Plantar fasciitis is all inflammation so eliminating inflammatory foods can only help. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boiled eggs are delicious! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. I am in full agreement with Enz on this.
    On holiday last week I unusually indulged in my nemesis - scones. They were delicious, but I paid the price of damn painful joints afterwards.
    Pooh. Will I ever learn...?

    ReplyDelete